Dayton, known as the “Gem City,” is the sixth-largest city in the state of Ohio, and it boasts several unique places and experiences that draw large crowds from all over.
The Dayton Metropolitan area has a population of about 800,000.
The median household income is $52,172.
The median home price is $136, 800.
Job Growth of 1.3%.
Cost-of-Living is 12% below national average.
These facts show part of why Dayton is a fantastic real estate investment opportunity! The cost-of-living is lower, the economy is doing very well, and the home price is substantially lower than comparable alternative markets.
There is a lot of economic expansion going on, and the area is rich in culture and history. Read about the most current Dayton area news below, and check out the links under local attractions and sports teams to see all of the unique sites and activities that Dayton has to offer!
Recent Economic and Development News:
- Premier Health to open two new practices in Dayton
- $5,000,000 Woodard Development in downtown Dayton
- Kettering Health expanding Soin Medical Center
- Local firm wins part in $49M government contract
- County approves $7.6M for new dispatch center and renovations
- Hundreds of jobs coming as companies expand
- Massive 68-acre development project
- National Museum of the US Air Force
- Five Rivers Metropark
- Schuster Center for Performing Arts
- Victoria Theatre
- Dayton Performing Arts Alliance: Home to Ballet, Opera, and Philharmonic Orchestra
- Dayton Art Institute
- Boonshoft Museum of Discovery
- SunWatch Indian Village
Local Sports Teams: